Nappanee Missionary Church financially supports our college students enrolled at Bethel University, the denominational college of the Missionary Church. Bethel University will match up to $500 per semester for full-time resident students and $250 per semester for full-time commuting students (for qualifying students).
Scholarships may not exceed $1,000 per applicant per calendar year. They are available for four years and renewable each semester by application. Please note: Nappanee Missionary Church limits the Bethel University Scholarship funds to the following individuals:
- Those who meet the qualifications of the program as designed by Bethel University. (For more information about the Bethel portion, please click here and check under the section entitled “Church Matching Scholarship.”)
- Those who maintain active attendance and ministry involvement at NMC.
(Please note that NMC requires prior attendance of one full year before applying.)
- Full-time students (resident or non-resident).
The scholarship fund is designed to financially assist full-time undergraduate students and build a level of accountability to NMC through ministry involvement. We offer different levels of ministry involvement, since each student has a different level of availability due to school and work schedules.
The amount of the scholarship will differ per student, depending on the level of ministry involvement:
- Once per week (or more) - $500 per semester
- 1-3 times per month - $400 per semester
- Attendance only (no ministry involvement) - $300 per semester
Please remember that the ministry involvement requirement must be met prior to the semester for which the scholarship is granted. Fall semester awards are based on ministry involvement from the previous January through June. Spring semester awards are based on ministry involvement from the previous July through December. Ministry at NMC such as teaching, ushering, nursery, music, etc., can be used to meet the requirements. There are many areas of possible involvement, and our pastors and staff are more than willing to assist in finding your best fit.
To learn more about the Bethel University Matching Scholarship, please click here.